What it is
- residence visa for non-EU/Schengen startup founders that aim to reside and establish their businesses in Portugal.
- Visa is valid for periods of 2 years, renewable.
- Permanent free entry and circulation in the Schengen Area;
- Family members can obtain a family visa;
- Opting to become a “non-habitual tax resident” in Portugal;
- Possibility to have a professional activity in Portugal;
- All benefits of a Portuguese resident (public education, healthcare, social security, among others)
- Using Portugal as an investment platform of investment and favourable tax regimes.
- Possibility of obtaining Permanent Residency Permit after 5 years;
- Possibility of obtaining Portuguese Nationality after 6 years of Permanent Residency Permit;
Who can apply (online):
- Those that wish to incorporate or relocate their companies to Portugal to
- manufacture innovative goods and/or services in Portugal; or,
- implement projects focused on technology and knowledge
- The company’s project has the potential to
- create qualified employment;
- obtain a yearly turnover or assets valued above €325,000, 5 years after the incubation period.
- Be scalable and meets market demand.
- The proposed management team is knowledgeable
- If the Portuguese authorities validate the online application, the applicant may apply for the Startup Visa in the Portuguese Consulate or embassy. Upon arrival on Portugal, the applicant will need to file the residency authorization before Portuguese Immigration authorities.
How to apply:
- Apply for a 120-day Visa in the Portuguese Consulate or embassy;
- Upon grant travel to Portugal to:
- Register before the Portuguese Tax Authorities and Portuguese Social Security;
- Acquire a Health Insurance Policy;
- Application with “Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras” – SEF (English: Foreigners and Borders Service)