- certification program for technological and innovative companies who wish to hire highly qualified third-country nationals and obtain working visas for them. Certification is valid for periods of 2 years, renewable.
Who can apply for certification:
- companies incorporated in Portugal that
- are legally incorporated for at least 3 years;
- do not have any Tax or Social Security debts
- are not under restructuring procedure; and,
- meet 2 of the following requirements
- being a ‘startup’ in the high or medium-high technology sectors or with strong tech knowledge;
- average annual turnover growth higher than 20% in the previous 3 years;
- 15% or more highly skilled workers;
- raised venture capital in the previous 3 years;
- have investment projects approved in Portugal 2020
- have investment projects approved in a program to be created under the EU financial framework until 2027 in the areas of product innovation, qualified entrepreneurship and creative or R&D enterprises.
Tech Visa workers:
- foreign workers need to be highly qualified and meet the following requirements:
- 18 years or older;
- tax and social security requirements met and no debts;
- no criminal record;
- a minimum annual salary of at least 2.5 times the social support index;
- knowledge of the Portuguese language or another language that enables him to carry out its role.